Well its been three weeks since I got back from visiting my mother. With my mother even though you had plans where to plan visit it always gets changed on a moments notice. No mountians, no San Diego or even LA. She wanted to visit her friends (become her driver), my dads grave, and visit places she has never been. We made the most of it that my mother wanted. We were able to only get one picture together when visiting San Diego Safari Park. So I had to change I wanted to photograph.

One day during the week I dropped of mom to her friend’s house in the city I grew up in and was off to visit my friends. Just being in the area brought back many memories — the beaches in Long Beach and the coast of Orange County where my friends and I hung out. After having lunch with my friend, I headed to Newport Beach to try to catch some pics before meeting up with another friend. 4:30 pm rolled I was meeting my friend Glenn at a local high school where he was a coach for the girls’ Frosh/Soph team. So with my Sony A7II and my prime 85MM lens, I photographed the basketball game, This was the most fun I had in a while snapping the game. After the game, he treated me to dinner and talked about what we have been up to and find out what our friends have been up too. I was surprised by how many of who I grew up with still live in town. Glenn was always the bridge of our high school class. He has such a big heart. My last visit to SoCal I was with my son, and he gave us tickets to Knotts Berry Farm. After dinner, it was time to pick up my mother and 2-hour drive back to my mothers home.

The one place I went back twice was the March Air Museum. This was one of my favorite museums since I have a family history that served in the Air Force (Grand uncle that served in WWII and my Father served). If your in the riverside area you need to visit this site. The first visit I could not stay long since my mother could not walk it. The day before my flight back my mother encouraged me to go back to visit the museum while she went to her shuffleboard competition. When I got there one of the workers brought be back in the restoration area to allow me to take pictures and got a personal tour. 4 hours later I finished up and headed back to Hemet. I made it back early enough to get my In-N-Out double double animal style burger for lunch.

After lunch my next mission was to watch my mother play shuffleboard. It was fun watching how competitive my mother was. We enjoyed our last dinner before I had to fly back next morning.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.